1 · Introduction
2 · Who we are
5 · Your rights
10 · How to contact us
We understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.bisley.com/shop (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
Who we are
Our Site is owned and operated by F C Brown (Steel Equipment) Limited trading as BISLEY (“we”, “our” “us”) registered in England under company number 693397. Our Registered office and main trading address is Caswell Way, Reevesland Industrial estate, Newport, NP19 4PW. We are part of the Bisley Office Equipment Limited Group.
What does this policy cover?
What is personal data?
Personal data is defined by the UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively, “the Data Protection Legislation”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have a number of “Data Subject Rights” Below is some information on what they are and how you can exercise them. There is more information on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e., the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we hold.
- The right to restrict (i.e., prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to withdraw consent. This means that, if we are relying on your consent as the legal basis for using your personal data, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The right to data portability. This means you have the right to ask us to electronically move, copy or transfer personal information in a machine-readable format.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling.
- For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in section 10.
It is important that your personal data is kept accurate and up to date. If any of the personal data we hold about you changes, please keep us informed as long as we have that data.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. We would welcome the opportunity to resolve your concerns ourselves, however, so please contact us first, using the details in section 10.
The information we collect and how we use it
We will only ever process your information if we have a lawful basis to do so. The lawful bases we rely on are:
- Contract – This is where we process your information to fulfil a contractual arrangement we have made with you.
- Consent –This is where we have asked you to provide explicit permission to process your data for a particular purpose.
- Legitimate Interests –This is where we rely on our interests as a reason for processing, generally this is to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way.
- Legal Obligation –This is where we have a statutory or other legal obligation to process the information, such as for the investigation of crime or to meet responsible lending criteria.
To process any orders that you place with us and to facilitate any returns (Contract)
- We take payment details to process payment for any credit or debit card orders you place with us. We share these details with our chosen payment processors (for example Stripe, PayPal)
- We use your account information plus your chosen delivery address details to; deliver your purchases and keep you informed of their status, and to process any returns including (where appropriate) collecting the item from you.
- Our chosen payment processors store your payment card details at your request to speed up your checkout in the future (consent).
To provide you with access to an account (Contract)
- To register an account with us we capture information such as your name, contact and delivery information, and a password to protect your account (account information). We use the same information on an ongoing basis to manage and provide secure access to your account, and provide you with the services you request.
To provide customer service to you (Legitimate interest)
- We keep correspondence (customer service records) when you contact our customer service teams or interact with us on social media. We use these customer service records to manage your queries or complaints effectively, for quality monitoring and to continually improve our services.
To personalise and improve your experience when you shop (Legitimate Interest)
- We keep a record of how you interact with our website and any marketing you are exposed to, we use this data, along with purchase history, demographics, account information and third-party information, to show you products and offers from across our brands that we think you will be most interested in and to tailor your experience.
- We use your account information, information on the devices you use to access our sites and your interactions with us to operate personalised features across our websites, apps and communications.
To inform you about products and services that may interest you (Legitimate Interest)
- We use technologies such as cookies within digital marketing networks, ad exchanges and social media networks to get relevant marketing messages across to you and other customers. We receive information on how you interact with our adverts and content on third-party websites and social media platforms (such as Google or Facebook) which we use to tailor the information that is displayed to you.
To keep in touch with you (Consent)
- When you sign up to our mailing list, we start to keep you up to date with news of products and services including offers, promotions and Sale information, unless you tell us you don’t want us to through your account or using the ‘unsubscribe’ link in every email that we send to you.
- When we send you communications, we use records of how you interact with our website and any other marketing we’ve sent to you, along with purchase history, to tailor the messages to include information you are most likely to be interested in.
- We use your account information to notify you about important service messages, such as material changes to this policy, product recalls or information about your account.
To ensure the Website and the services we offer you operate properly (Legitimate Interest)
- We use other cookies and similar technologies to help us understand how you use the Site; this allows us to optimise your shopping experience and continually improve our site.
- We gather information about the devices you use to access our sites (desktop and mobile) for example your IP address and device type, to ensure the site is secure and works across multiple platforms.
- We use information for Logistics planning, demand forecasting, management information, dealing with errors on our site, and general research and development.
To develop and improve our products, range and services (Legitimate Interest)
- We may contact you to take part in customer satisfaction surveys, if you respond we collect your feedback and contributions (customer feedback). We use this information to develop the services we offer.
- We use information about how you browse and engage with our website to improve our websites.
- We use all information, including third party data in the development of new products, services and systems to ensure they work as expected and will be useful to our customers.
To prevent and detect crime (Legitimate interest/Legal obligation)
- When you register an account, we use this information and purchase history information to confirm your identity.
- We use device identifiers and IP addresses in fraud prevention and investigation, and to maintain network and data security.
To fulfil our legal obligations (Legal obligation)
- We use your data to ensure we comply with any requirements imposed on us by law or court order, including disclosure to law or tax enforcement agencies and authorities or pursuant to legal proceedings.
- We will share data with regulatory and other official bodies if they make formal requests.
- We will maintain records to meet regulatory and tax requirements.
- We will use your account information to contact you in connection with product recalls or other similar product quality issues.
How long we keep your information
We keep your personal information as long as you are a customer of ours and generally for seven years afterwards to comply with legal requirements. During that time, we take steps to remove any personal data as soon as we no longer need it.
We consider you a customer
- as long as you hold an open credit account,
- for 2 years from the point you last made a purchase from our website using a non-credit account, or
- during any time we are managing a customer service request from you.
How and where we store your information
We will only store your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the Data Protection Legislation.
Third parties we share information with
We work with a number of trusted third parties to provide you our goods and services. Anybody we work with is subject to stringent security and data privacy assessments before we begin to do business with them and on an ongoing basis.
We always make efforts to anonymise data and only pass over personal information that is necessary for the purposes it is being processed. We always do so securely.
We have contracts in place with all suppliers that help us to ensure security and privacy of your personal information, these are reviewed and updated regularly and always in line with data protection laws.
- Delivery Partners –Helping us to deliver the goods you order to you including our brand partners that dispatch and deliver goods to you directly.
- IT Companies –Supporting us in maintaining our website and other business systems including; providing phone lines, data storage facilities, and providing and supporting Cloud based infrastructure used in providing our products and services.
- Marketing Companies and Online Advertising –Helping us to manage our electronic communications to you and to help us show you the advertising you are most likely to be interested in, Companies that provide marketing and advertising assistance (including management of email marketing operations, mobile messaging services such as SMS, and services that deploy advertising on the internet or social media platforms, such as Facebook and Google) as well as analysis of the effectiveness of our advertising and communications campaigns.
- Payment processors –Payment card processors to process credit and debit card payments and store payment information; for example Stripe and PayPal.
- Klarna Payment Services – In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
How to contact us
To contact us about anything to do with this policy please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at Bisley Shop, Caswell Way, Reevesland Industrial Estate, Newport, NP194PW
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.