Bisley collects information from visitors in a number of different ways either directly or indirectly. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and have taken measures to ensure an adequate level of security for personal information processed via our website.
You have the right to request access to information we have of you at any time under the Data Protection Act.
You have the right to request the information we hold of you to be erased under the right to be forgotten in circumstances where the information we have is unwarranted and causes substantial damage or distress. This can will be adhered to in the following circumstances;
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed.
- When the individual withdraws consent.
- When the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
- The personal data was unlawfully processed.
- The personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- The personal data is processed in relation to the offer of information society services to a child.
There are some instances where the right to be forgotten does not apply which are:
- To exercise the right of freedom of expression and information;
- To comply with a legal obligation or for the performance of a public interest task or exercise of official authority;
- For public health purposes in the public interest;
- archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific research historical research or statistical purposes; or
- The exercise or defence of legal claims.
Cookies are pieces of information/data generated/collected indirectly by a server and stored on a user’s hard drive. Cookies are used to store data from the site and used by Bisley for statistical analysis and user configuration to help us provide you with a better website experience. These cookies last for the duration of your connection and expire in most cases when you close your browser. In no instance is personal data stored permanently in a cookie and in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies, most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. However this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. We gather only the visitor information that is needed to administer our business and enhance and improve our website.
Bisley processes and stores e-mail addresses and/or other contact details and information which users voluntarily/directly provide. We will explain what we will use your information for on the pages where we request this information.
Bisley respects your right to privacy and does not sell, use your information in any other way or disclose it to third parties without your prior consent. We will provide you with any marketing communication or invitations for product reviews via email only if you have expressly consented to such communication. The details provided will only be used to update you with information and news and/or contact directly.