Bisley x FX Design Seminar
On 25th July we will be hosting a design seminar with FX magazine at our Dallington Street showroom. The theme being discussed is around creativity and we will be welcoming some top designers, architects, clients and developers to discuss what they think constitutes being creative, who should be considered creative and how we get inspired in creative industries.
The seminar is a closed roundtable to allow frank and open discussion, but will be reported in a large feature in October’s issue of FX magazine. The seminar will cover:
- Is creativity about inspiration, or something else?
- Can you be inspired by something and become an imitator?
- Is imitating amounting to plagiarism? Is plagiarism creative? How is it valued and how is it taught?
- Can any one person be truly creative? Celebrity architects / artists / musicians / historical prophets?
- It is hoped that the conversation will expand from these questions to produce in-depth and interesting insights into the complexities of creativity.
Taking part in the seminar will be:
- Alistair Barr, Barr Gazetas
- Yorgo Lykouris, HOK/Rainlight
- Nicola Osborn, MoreySmith
- Rosie Haslam, Spacelab
- Jon Tollit, Gensler
- Elen Panagiotidid, Perkins + Will
- Phoebe Settle, TP Bennett
- Gavin Hughes, HLW
- Jade Surtees, Bisley
- Chair: Theresa Dowling, Editor of FX Magazine