Bisley to host the Design Guild Mark 2018 award ceremony
We were over the moon when our MultiDrawer was awarded a Design Guild Mark last year, and we’re delighted to once again be involved with this prestigious accolade during Clerkenwell Design Week.
On Tuesday 22 May, our new Dallington Street showroom will host the Design Guild Mark award ceremony, when the fifteen deserving recipients will receive their certificates and the Jonathan Hindle Prize will be presented for this year’s most outstanding design.
The Design Guild Mark is awarded by The Furniture Makers’ Company, a City of London livery company and the furnishing industry’s charity. The Mark recognises the highest standards in the design of furnishings in volume production by the finest designers working in Britain, or British designers working abroad. The panel of leading industry professionals ensure that each piece of furniture meets the criteria of: excellence in design, materials, manufacture, and function. In its 10th year the Design Guild Mark has introduced a 2D design category to reward excellence in fabrics, textiles, wall coverings, floor coverings and carpets.
Rodney McMahon, Design Guild Mark chairman, said: “The Design Guild Mark team is really looking forward to the ceremony as it will be our first chance to congratulate the recipients in person. Bisley is a British furniture institution, and with 2018 marking their debut in Clerkenwell and the MultiDrawers 60th anniversary, it seemed fitting that we invite the new holders to their impressive new showroom to receive their awards.”
Design Insider captured some of the stunning designs at the judging day
Congratulations to all the Design Guild Mark 2018 award recipients, we can’t wait to host you in our new space.
- The Hugo Settee - Designed by Ian Archer and manufactured by SITS
- Aphelion Console - Designed by Byron and Gómez for Benchmark
- Mozaik - Designed by Mark Gabbertas for Allermuir
- AXYL - Designed by Benjamin Hubert of Layer for Allermuir
- Thinking Quietly - Designed by Jones & Partners for Thinking Works
- Magnetic Copper Cube - Designed by Paul Kelley for Paul Kelley Ltd
- T1 Chair - Designed by Rodney Kinsman RDI for OMK 1965
- Manta - Designed by Lyndon by Boss Design
- Group - Designed by Philippe Malouin for SCP
- Famiglia - Designed by PearsonLloyd for Allermuir
- Edge Executive Desk - Designed by PearsonLloyd for Modus Furniture
- Race Antelope Chair - Designed by Ernest Race for Race Furniture Limited
2D Design Guild Mark recipients:
- Silicastone - Designed by Alasdair Bremner & David Binns for Alusid
- Jitterbug from the Shoreditch Range - Designed by Gary Bridge for Axminster Carpets
- The Alchemy Collection - Designed by Rachel Evison for Bute Fabrics